Are you inspired by the success of Etsy top sellers and looking forward to be included in that elite list?
A major reason why most handmade business fails because they fail to develop a business plan and understand markets and key customers.
Put your best foot forward! Start right with our collection of articles that will help you become successful in Etsy.
- Business Plan – All businesses need to have a strategic plan to ensure that you are operating in the best market with correct margins and learn where to focus your efforts.
- Etsy Seller’s Handbook – Learn everything and anything about selling on Etsy! (321 Etsy Tip Articles). Find out how sellers market their business and learn how to have a strategy that will make your Etsy shop standout.
- Craft Photography – Etsy’s handbook might test your patience when it comes to reading but you can take a break by watching our craft photography series and learning how to take awesome photos for your shop.
- Keyword Research – Before you start selling your products and posting them to your Etsy shop, it is essential to do research about what your target audience are looking up on the internet. People can’t find your items without it! Especially think of keywords as they relate to your ideal customer. Would the sort of person you’re trying to sell to type in “lavender scented candles” or “colorful candles” or “angel-shaped candles”? Think about it!
- Descriptions – Use the result of your keyword research in writing your descriptions. Be sure to include all the technical specs of your item, how wide, how big, what size, what color, how heavy, who’s it for, etc.
- Social Syndication – Start promoting your Etsy shop through social networking to get in touch with your customers and target audience.
- Blog! – Having a blog will help you create a hub of information related to your crafts which can be useful to your target customers leading their way to your online shop and making more sales. Write in a friendly, this is my inspiration, how I work, what I know, the service I provide sort of way.
- How To Sell On Etsy
- How To Choose A Name For Your Craft Business
- Why You Need To Join The Etsy Community
- How An Etsy Team Can Make A Difference In Your Life
- 30 Free Ways To Promote Your Craft Business And Products Online
Making marvelous handicrafts is only half the battle; the other half is making sure that the right people are aware of them.Have patience. It takes time to build your customer base and to get your name out there, but it’s worth it!
Happy crafting friends, and good luck to you!