Guests have no excuse when visiting with these super cute pallet style coasters. If you’re like me, coasters aren’t something you think about until someone comes over and tries to place a perspiring drink on your brand new coffee table. Then they leave, and you’re left with a dried up water ring on your new furniture. Yea, that sucks! Here’s how you can make inexpensive coasters that match your decor and fits your over all style.
Let’s Get….Crafty?! 😉
Materials (This will make approx. 4 coasters)
- 2 – 3/8″x36 square dowels
- 3 – 1/2″x 36 square dowels
- All-Temp Wood Stik Glue Sticks
- Paint and stain of choice
- Cut the square dowels to size. You can easily make these cuts for using a mitersaw block and a Japanese handsaw.
- Stain the wooden dowels before assembling.
- Start by assembling the base of the coaster.Take two 1/2 in dowels and attach the smaller 3/8in dowel from end to end. Then repeat forming a square. In the center attach the remaining 3/8in. dowel.
- Flip the coaster over and evenly space the 1/2in dowels.
- Now mark off the area you would like to paint with painters tape. Paint and allow it to dry.
- Repeat steps
Check out another great Summer DIY project your family will love.
OK Now Use it! Till Next Time. ~T.